Monday, April 6, 2009

Lil Wayne is "Tired of rap..."

In case you missed it Lil’ Wayne has left the rap world behind and is pursuing a career in Rock. He’s covering this month’s issue of Rolling Stone Magazine:
X

This is what he had to say about his transitions:
X
"Honestly? I don't want to be the best rapper in the world," Wayne told Rolling Stone in an upcoming cover story arriving on newsstands Friday. "If I have a rap album I'm dropping, then I want it to be the best rap album. But I want to be the best. Period. Now. My favorite rapper hasn't done what I'm doing."
X
"The rock sh-- just comes from what my life is now. I've grown into this person," Wayne told the magazine. "I woke up one morning and had three or four women in my bed where I not only didn't know their last names, I didn't know the beginning letter of their first names. All I know is, they're the most beautiful women in the world, and I was in my own place, in whatever city I as in. And I could have thrown a dart at the map, and I'd probably have a place there too. I knew my driver was waiting downstairs for me. When my nose finally cleared from all the weed I had smoked, I smelled food in the kitchen and I knew it was my chef. Then I look on my phone and see a message and know it's from a popular woman everyone knows. And when I went in the studio that night, I couldn't just rap, 'Yeah, n---a ... .' "
X
X
Uhmm this dude is a little off, and I’m not okay with it. But hopefully this genre change brings him down to the ground. We’ll see

No comments: