Friday, May 22, 2009

Star Tidbits: CW's "The Game officially cancelled + Jay-Z waves goodbye to Def Jam

In the tragic news of today the best thing that CW had going for them, 30 minute sitcom “The Game”, has been cancelled.
X

X

They posted their ‘2009-2010 tv schedule on their website and decided to not pick the show up for another season. This has to be by far one of the dumbest decisions ever made because with Top Model finishing up its run a couple of weeks ago, there’s really no other reason to watch the network…good luck with your black viewership CW.
X
X
And Jay-Z has told Def Jam don’t worry about it…him being on their roster anymore that is…Here is a statement he released:
X

“I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and LA Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience and I respect them immensely. I’ve been in the family for almost my entire career.Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique “negotiations” ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end..I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music.”
X
X
Congrats to Jigga, but I hope he doesn't think he can talk Bey into doing the same. Papa Knowles will probably put a hit out on him if he does....Im just saying.

No comments: