Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jermain Dupri Speaks out about leaving Def Jam, Fantsia is NOT losing her crib, and the performers to Obama's Inauguration kick-off are announced

Former head of Def Jam’s Urban Music division Jermaine Dupri has finally spoke about being fired last week:
X

X
“It was a situation where it felt very stagnant to me,” says Dupri, who was in charge of several releases including Jagged Edge’s “Baby Making Music” and Janet Jackson’s ill-fated album “Discipline”.
X
“I’m a record person, so if I give you a record and you don’t put it out, then basically you’re showing me that it’s really no business. I never got a chance to put the records out. I had Johnta Austin, Ninth Ward and Dondria. I read the blogs and I’m thinking, How can they say that I’m not putting out records when anyone who knows my track record knows I’m about making music?”
X
While Dupri’s plans from here on out are up in the air, he does have a deal for TAG Records and says he’s not in the same position as other people at Def Jam.
X
“I’m a person who continues to carve out my own way. Instead of watching things happen, I make them happen. If L.A. (Reid) gets fired at Def Jam (he’s 20 years older than me) where is he going to go? Many of the people at the label; if their bosses were to fire them today, they don’t have anything else to do. Their lives are over. I’m not that dude. Life ain’t over for me.”
X
X
Meanwhile, performers for the Sunday concert celebrating the presidential inauguration of Barack Obama have been announced by HBO and are a s follows:
X

X
Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Bono, Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Renee Fleming, Josh Groban, Herbie Hancock, Heather Headley, John Legend, Jennifer Nettles, John Mellencamp, Usher, Shakira, Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, will.i.am and Stevie Wonder
X
The Special will air Sunday January 18, 2009.
X
X
And Fantasia found a way to get her house back before it was auctioned away.
X

X
An auction of the six bedroom, 6,232-square-foot mansion in Charlotte, North Carolina was scheduled to take place Monday — but the American Idol winner struck a deal with her Florida-based creditors to keep her home for now. She could still lose it at a future auction if a settlement is not reached.
X
“Assuming the promised payments all get paid as indicated, we will be satisfied,” Larry Goldman, the lawyer representing lender Broward Energy Partners, told the New York Post. “I didn’t want to take her house.”
X
Barrino has agreed to a repayment plan, but the creditor’s lawyer didn’t release details.
X
Good for you Fanny. Click here to read the whole article in Us Weekly.
X
X

X
Speaking of American Idol the all New Season starts tonight with a 2 hour long special on FOX. Check your local listings...

No comments: