Thursday, December 4, 2008

And The Grammy goes to ?



Nominees for the 2009 Frammys were announced yesterday. Lil Wayne led the pack with eight nominations, followed by Coldplay with seven and Jay Z, Ne-Yo and Kanye West taking six. And Coldplay, Lil Wayne, Ne-Yo, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss and Radiohead are all up for the coveted Album of the Year.
X
Record of the Year:
X
"Chasing Pavements," Adele
"Viva La Vida," Coldplay
"Bleeding Love," Leona Lewis
"Paper Planes," M.I.A
"Please Read The Letter," Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
X
Album of the Year:
X
"Raising Sand," Robert Plant & Alison Krauss"
"Viva La Vida," Coldplay
"Tha Carter III," Lil Wayne
"Year of the Gentleman," Ne-Yo
"In Rainbows," Radiohead
X
Song of the Year:
X
"American Boy," (Estelle Featuring Kanye West)
"Chasing Pavements," (Adele)
"I'm Yours," (Jason Mraz)
"Love Song," (Coldplay)
X
New Artist:
X
Adele
Duffy
The Jonas Brothers
Lady Antebellum
Jazmine Sullivan
X
R&B Album:
X
"Love & Life," Eric Benét
"Motown: A Journey Through Hitsville USA," Boyz II Men
"Lay It Down," Al Green
"Jennifer Hudson," Jennifer Hudson
"The Way I See It," Raphael Saadiq
X
Rap Album:
X
"American Gangster," Jay-Z
"Tha Carter III," Lil Wayne
"The Cool," Lupe Fiasco
"Nas," Nas
"Paper Trail," T.I.
X
Everything is pretty much as I expected. I was surprised to see Jennifer Hudson not nominated for best New Artist, but I hope my girl Jazmine takes that award home. Poor Michelle Williams ans Kelly Rowland recieved zero nods. I hear Erykah Badu also received a nomination in a random category.
X
The Grammys will air live on CBS from the Staples Center on Feb. 8, 2009

No comments: