Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Star Tidbits: Fantasia and Lil Wayne set the records straight, Tito in trouble, and the Olympic Scandal

Fantasia has cleared the air about rumors that she was fired from the broadway musical The Color Purple. She had to leave due to a tumor on her throat that made her exhausted.

“I kept telling them that I'm getting very tired. It was like I couldn't get enough sleep. And sometimes onstage, I could taste blood. I had braces on, so [I thought] maybe I'm biting my lip or I'm biting something in my gums or something. But I would taste blood every now and then.”

Since her departure, she has had surgery and is recovering well. She is currently working on a new album and will reprise her role as Celie in the the new movie/musical version on The Color Purple.


Lil Wayne is speaking on the rumor that his daughter was killed in a car accident:

“It has come to my attention that there are recent reports circulating regarding my daughter. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who are genuinely concerned about Reginae and her safety. Please allow me to dispel any rumors or speculations and report that my daughter is alive, healthy and surrounded by family who care and love her dearly."

In other randomness Tito Jackson is being sued. Find out more over at TMZ



And apparantly the little girl who sang at the Plypic opening ceremonies was not really singing at all. She was an actress who the Comittee felt was prettier than the actual little girl who sang fo 91,00 people. More on that story here.

Shown here Lin Miaoke (top) lip synced to the voice of Yang Peiyi (bottom) because they felt Yang was not cute enough.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a horrible pic of fantasia, but she sure can sing!

Anonymous said...

They wron for doing that to the little girl. Everybody is obsessed with looks!

Anonymous said...

and plus, the lil girl that they replaced her with wasn't all that cute...

Edirin said...

oh thats horrible!!! what do they mean shes not cute enough??