Friday, August 1, 2008

Bow Wow wants to be the new Will Smith, Q-Tip's new album, and Keri Hilson promo pics

According to MTV, after two more album Bow Wow says he's ready to call it a night. The rapper says he's retiring from the rap game as early as the age of 22.

Bow Wow quotes...."I wanna be the next Will Smith....After the eighth album, I'm done. I already feel it. I love acting. I love my music like I said, but I feel it. After this one, probably one more in me and that's eight. Like, I'm one [album] behind Nas, and that's crazy."

He also talks about his potty mouth and his first sex scene on the series "Entourage". His seventh album comes out later this year. It's called The Pedigree.

Visit mtv.com for more of the story.


Q-Tip's delayed sophomore solo album, "The Renaissance," will finally hit stores Oct. 14 via Universal Motown. Billboard reports:

The nine-track set blends live instrumentation, scratching and samples for a sound reminiscent of the rapper's work in A Tribe Called Quest.The album will tentatively open with "Shaka," a song featuring an excerpt of one of presidential candidate Barack Obama's campaign speeches over a guitar-tinged beat. It still isn't official that the track will make the cut, since the sound byte hasn't been cleared yet."I start the album off with the Obama speech not just because I'm African-American, but because I really feel like he's a fresh new voice and alternative from what we've seen in the political scene in some time," Q-Tip told Billboard earlier this year

Guest artist on the album include Raphael Saadiq and Norah Jones.


Check out Keri Hilson's new promo pics. Her debut album "In A Perfect World" hits stores September 23rd.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bow wow, you got a long way to go before you hit Will Smith Status!

Anonymous said...

Keri is so pretty. Nice pics.

Peppah said...

Keri Looks Beautiful

Anonymous said...

Cant wait for Q-tip, Im still jamming vibrant thang!!!!!!